Thursday 19 June 2014

multi-colour bitmap and character modes now mostly working

Overnight I fixed a few bugs that were stopping multi-colour text and bitmap mode from working.

Colour selection is now working correctly as can be seen in the following images.  It is also clear that the machine is able to run increasingly complex software.

However as can be seen is some glitching going on in bitmap mode.  I need to look into the cause of this.  It looks like 3 physical pixels wide, which would suggests it might be a pixel pipeline issue.




Multi-colour text mode has been fixed as well, and has no bitmap related glitches.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, thanks for your work !

    I'm a total noob regarding VHDL, but I'm having a look at your github repository to peek on some code.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Don't let my horrible VHDL coding style put you off.
      Next to think about sprites and making SAVE work.

      Delete